Last September a new museum was born in Paris called the Élephant Paname. The name chosen is to honor the Panama elephant, pachyderm, which inspired the Parisian builders in the nineteenth century.
The museum was conceived and designed by the brother/sister duo, Fanny and Laurent Fiat. They discovered an abandon mansion at 10 rue Volney near Opéra and they have transformed this space into a performing arts center to include a very upscale restaurant and gallery.
The mansion had been built in the nineteenth century by the Russian ambassador under the rule of Napoleon III (emperor from 1852 to 1870) in the Second Empire style. It consists of two buildings and a dome.
Currently on display is a beautifully presented exhibition of the sculptor, César. The exhibit is called César l’Empreinte. It is only open until the 4th of August 2013, so make it a “must see” exhibit while in Paris.