Friday, January 13, 2012

One of my favorite Bistrots to share!


I met a charming older gentleman, Jacques, the year that I bought my apartment in 2005. Over the years he has become one of my dearest friends. There are a few restaurants that he has introduced me to and Bistrot des Amis is one of my favorites. It is located at 67, rue du Cherche-Midi 75006 Paris not far from Le Bon Marché. The food is typically french. Although I know many Americans who complain that the food can be too predictable in France, I am one American that disagrees. I like the concept that classic dishes are expected to be prepared in a classic manner. At Bistrot des Amis you will find classic dishes that are well prepared and at a fair price. At my last rendez-vous with Jacques I chose the entrecôte à la moelle. Moelle is marrow and is not something that I have seen on a menu since growing up in Connecticut. You take the marrow from the bone, spread it on good crusty bread and sprinkle a bit of large grain salt. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment